Chateau Elan Hotel and Conference Center seeks a talented food service management professional to join us in the position of Housekeeping Manager at our Sebring, Florida hotel.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Ensure all guest rooms and public areas are serviced in a timely and hospitable manner.
- Maintain safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities and prolong the life of company assets through effective preventative maintenance programs.
- Manage housekeeping and laundry staff.
- Ensure all daily assignments are fairly distributed among all department associates maintain day-to-day operations and direct the activities of the staff ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction and hotel cleanliness of all hotel guest rooms, public space and operational areas.
- Perform daily room and public space inspections to ensure all cleaning procedures are being followed; and coordinate laundry productivity.
- Maintain effective communication within the departments; be responsive to staff suggestions and concerns and work to resolve problems.
- Possess strong working knowledge of housekeeping operations as well as a strong working knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Ability to communicate and counsel associates by phone and in person.
- Ability and flexibility to work long, varied hours as business conditions demand.
- Ability to manage multiple activities often in stressful situations.
- Organize oneself, one’s work, and the efforts of others and be attentive to detail.
- Make effective judgments on the various components of the positions and the property and to effectively solve guest and operational problems.
- Responsible for monitoring compliance with state building codes and regulations, OSHA safety codes and adherence to Fire Department standards of safety and evacuation procedures.
Required Skills and Experience
- Office experience preferably in a hotel, hotel housekeeping, or retirement home required. College Degree preferred; High school diploma or general education degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Not afraid to roll up sleeves and work alongside with associates.
- Must be able to work flexible days and hours required: days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Flexible hours required to work days and/or evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and may be required to carry the weight for short distances.
- Must be able to push/pull/move loads on hand carts weighing 300 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and customer service oriented environment; to perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner; to work as a part of a team as well as complete assignments independently; to take instructions from upper management; to exercise problem solving skills and to interact with managers, co-workers, guests and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Successful candidate must be flexible with their schedule and possess ability to relate well with a wide variety of individuals.
- Must have high customer service and work ethic.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
Chateau Elan Hotel and Conference Center is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered.
Chateau Elan Hotel and Conference Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, age, color, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any characteristic that is protected by law.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs