NASCAR Event Management seeks a talented professional to join our team in the position of Technical Inspector/Race Official.
This position officiates race event by inspecting vehicles and directing competitors in proper procedures for participating in race events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with team of tech inspectors to verify compliance on race cars.
- Work one or more assigned inspection station(s) for preliminary through post-race inspection, ensuring competitors are following The Company’s standards. Including post-race inspection at R&D Center as requested.
- Assist with traffic control, crowd control and credential verification.
- Handle issues appropriately in garage and pit areas.
- Assist in pre and post work day operations to include assembly and disassembly of inspection equipment.
- Unload and load haulers, as requested.
- Assist with transportation of vehicles, as requested.
- Understand, communicate, and enforce The Company’s race procedure rules.
- Successfully pass Pit Road Official Exam as administered.
- Officiate race on pit road or in other locations using applicable technology.
- Maintain proficiency in and knowledge of all pit road rules and penalties.
- Implement / apply the appropriate pit road / practice / qualifying procedures /race procedures in a consistent, timely and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain proper communications with the assigned crew chief(s) and / or Race Control as required.
- Properly execute and confirm any directive from Race Control.
- Competent use of standard technology such as keyboard, mouse, windows-type applications, etc.
- Display willingness and ability to learn new software programs created for race officiating.
- Use the Mobile Inspection Application to perform all pre-Event vehicle inspections to ensure compliance with rules for competition.
- Maintain equipment to avoid damage and ensure that hardware is properly stored for use at future events in accordance with The Company’s Mobile Inspection Training curriculum.
- Perform duties in a timely and authoritative manner while portraying a professional image.
- Competent understanding of radio use, procedures and etiquette.
- Responsible for securing equipment (e.g. tape measure, binoculars, watch, flags, radios) for duties assigned and for performing routine checks on same.
- Attend meetings and educational seminars.
- Assist Research & Development personnel, as requested (i.e. Roamer arm help, or help with any race equipment that has been impounded for further evaluation).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Approximate travel 90%.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
We are a company unlike any other. At NASCAR, you will find a community of diverse individuals respectful of our history and heritage, but with an eye toward the future. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, age, color, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, or any characteristic that is protected by law.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs