AMA Pro Racing seeks a talented professional to join our team in the position of Communications Coordinator, based in our Daytona Beach, FL office.
Responsible for assisting the Director of Communications in all areas, including writing press releases, stories and social media and website content.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Act as In-House PR Liaison with Track PR Contacts for Media and Promotional Requests
- Maintain Media Guide in both Print and Online Versions (Using Adobe InDesign)
- Communicate with PR Reps About Story Leads, Quotes for Advances
- Work with Promoters to Provide Media Advance Support
- Pitch and follow up with local news media regarding
- Write Press Releases and Web Stories; distribute Releases using Constant Contact
- Edit and Post Releases Website (Choose and edit photos using Adobe Photoshop)
- Maintain Database of Member Email Addresses (Using Microsoft SQL Server)
- Request, Proof and Post Rider Bios
- Edit and Publish Video Clips
- Select and Edit Photos for Publication to Website
- Proof and Post Editorial Content and Team News Articles
- Maintain About, FAQ, Partner and TV Schedule Sections
- Maintain Competitor Information Sections
- Maintain and Update Registration Database with Session and Event Information (Using Microsoft SQL Server)
- Update Track and Event Logos, Ticket Links and Promotional Objects (using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator)
- Identify Areas that Need Improvement and Act as a Liaison to RACERSITES for Website Issues and Change Requests
- Post and Distribute all Registration Documents (Entry Forms, License Applications, etc.)
- Post and Distribute all Competition Documents (Event Schedules, Comp and Tech Bulletins, Supp Regs, Timing and Scoring Press Reports)
- Update and Promote TV Schedule and Upcoming Broadcast Times in Articles
- Read through and Respond to Fan Mail
At-Track Responsibilities AMA Pro Flat Track - PR Coordinator
- Ensure all results data is being posted to website and media center
- Transcribe quotes from post-race press conferences
- Write and send pre- and post-event press releases to Director of Communication for approval
- Edit main photos and post releases to website
- Build rapport with local media
- Make sure all team PR reps and national media are covered
- Generate, edit and distribute agate and AP stories; Call AP to confirm receipt of agate and stories
- Make sure photographer is loading galleries, photos and tagging photos appropriately
Percent of travel required: 20%, including weekend travel.
Bachelor’s degree and 7 years related communications experience. Must have experience in Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Acobe Premier, SQL, WYSIWYG Editor and HTML Coding
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
AMA Pro Racing is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. AMA Pro Racing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs