AMA Pro Racing is seeking a Staff Accountant that will process all areas of daily accounting including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Cash Receipts, banking, race payouts and sales tax and other tasks as needed for both AMA Pro Racing and AFT Events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review and record all cash receipts, including Sales, Merchandise, Membership from direct mail, online and from events.
- Collect all invoices and purchase orders, distribute for department head approval, code and process.
- Create invoices as needed.
- Maintain Fixed asset list and record depreciation
- Maintains Automated Clearing House (ACH) vendor files and transmits ACH for tax payments, race payments and expense reimbursement.
- Review Accounts Receivable and generate past due letters.
- Daily banking reconciliation.
- Reconcile purse exchange accounts and process race payouts for all Flat Track events.
- File Federal and state withholding taxes as required.
- File sales tax for various states monthly.
- Review contractual payment schedules and invoice accordingly.
- Collect and log subcontractor contracts.
- Research dispute chargebacks from credit cards.
- Handle miscellaneous requests for invoices and payment information.
- Coordinate the 1099 preparation; verify and import files 1099/1042; and addresses any related issues relating to vendors.
- Handle projects as requested.
Percent of travel required: 5%, including weekend travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Excel.
- Knowledge of Great Plains is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
AMA Pro Racing is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. AMA Pro Racing is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs